President - Rocco Tufano '20
First Vice President - DJ Kelly '19
Second Vice President - Tywone Malone '21
Treasurer - Eli Somerville '21
Secretary - Bedros Esenio '21
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017 - HAWK WATCH AT THE STATE LINE LOOKOUT, ALPINE, NJ
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2017 - MEADOWLANDS BIRDING FESTIVAL, RICHARD DeKORTE PARK, LYNDHURST, NJ
OPTICS DRIVE OCTOBER - BERGEN CATHOLIC HS - IF YOU HAVE OLD BINOCULARS, SPOTTING SCOPES OR OTHER OPTICS WHICH MAY BE HELPFUL FOR YOUNG PEOPLE OBSERVING NATURE, WE WELCOME YOUR DONATIONS. ALL MAY BE TURNED IN TO MR. HAEMMERLE IN THE MAIN OFFICE AT BERGEN CATHOLIC HS.
Days This Activity Meet & Where
Tuesdays only in Room 18, then venturing out and about campus.
What it's about
Do you like eating? Learning? Scavenger hunts? Conservation? Photography? Beach, mountains and pastures? Publishing? Competing? Friendship? This club may be for you. While some portions of this activity will be more strenuous in terms of hiking, walking along jetties, wooded trails, etc. it is an activity virtually everyone can participate in if they have either the gift of sight and/or hearing.
Goals for the 2016-17 School Year
During the school year we will record various sightings of birds on ebird.org as we develop a “life list” for our club. To do so we will:
1. Learn to identify various species of birds.
2. Learn to use binoculars, spotting scopes, etc.
3. Meet to develop plans for spotting the largest numbers possible.
4. Travel to various locations throughout the state.
5. Compete in the World Series of Birding in May.
6. Create a calendar and/or coffee table book for publication at the end of the school year.
October 9, 2016: Mandarin Duck spotted at the Celery Farm in Allendale.