Bergen Catholic High School is a diverse, Catholic community, which prepares young men to become dynamic global leaders by deepening religious faith, developing academic excellence, and strengthening social consciousness and responsibility in accordance with the Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Christian Brother Education.
Statement Of Beliefs
TO DEEPEN RELIGIOUS FAITH
We Believe that:
- we proclaim the Gospel of Jesus through the teachings and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church;
- we follow the tradition of Blessed Edmund Ignatius Rice and the Congregation of Christian Brothers in solidarity with those marginalized by poverty and injustice;
- we develop values, attitudes, and behavior patterns consistent with Christian discipleship;
- we provide opportunities to communicate with God through prayer, both personal and communal;
- we teach tolerance of all religious and spiritual traditions
TO DEVELOP ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
We believe that:
- we are a college preparatory high school for young men;
- we develop mathematical, scientific, & logical skills, critical thinking, aesthetic appreciation, and technological skills;
- we educate for a deeper understanding of humanity through the various academic disciplines.
TO STRENGTHEN SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND RESPONSIBILITY
We believe that:
- we celebrate the value and dignity of each person and nurture the development of the whole person;
- we respect the diversity of the human family and seek to reflect local diversity within our educational community;
- we foster a structured learning environment in which we develop self-discipline and increased responsibility for personal and social growth;
- we integrate co-curricular, service, cultural, academic, social, athletic, and other programs that represent a complete education.